Official Launch #SICracingteam #Moto3

The Malaysian Moto3 outfit also announced they will be backed by the energy drink Drive M7, and will be officially registered as the DRIVE M7 SIC RACING TEAM this year.

With experienced team manager Johan Stigefelt at the helm, the team will have Malaysian Moto3 star Zulfahmi Khairuddin and Czech ace Jakub Kornfeil leading the team’s assault on the track.

Stigefelt said he felt the team was competitive enough to create some waves in Moto3. “I would like for us to reach some podiums and to be fighting within the top ten. I believe we have a strong team and two good riders that are determined to show what they are capable of. I think Jakub and Fahmi can do a great job. They get on very well and like to work together and I think this is another advantage for our team.”

“To have Drive M7 as our title sponsor means a lot to us. They bring a great profile to the team. It is a privilege to have them as our partner, I would like to also thank Dato’ Razlan for trusting in me to bring this team together and SIC for allowing this opportunity. I hope to show our thanks and appreciation with good results.”

Zulfahmi, who is itching for action this season, said: “I have been racing in the World Championship for five years, so it is great that now I can ride for a Malaysian team. I’m also encouraged with the set-up we have now. I am very hopeful that it will be a better year than I have had in the past. One of my goals for this year is to be competitive from the first round and I know we have the package to do this.”

Kornfeil, who was 12th overall in the world championship last year, is thrilled with the opportunity that he has. “We have been here in Malaysia since 16 February and on our test days it’s been great to be able to use the track all day long in such good conditions. I must say a big thank you to SIC for this possibility. The hot conditions have allowed us to set-up the bike very well and I believe this will allow us to be better prepared at many of the other circuits too, where the temperatures are not as high.”

“It’s too early to say exactly what our goals are for the season but of course we will always aim to be at the front. I am feeling positive and am confident that we can do well.”

The Malaysian team opens their Moto3™ campaign on March 29 in the season-opening race in Qatar.







No comments:

Post a Comment